The Gracie Diet
The "Gracie Diet" is a method of eating developed by Grandmaster Carlos Gracie Sr.
The Gracie Diet is designed to allow athletes to maintain peak health for consitently hard training which is essential for the modern
Mixed Martial Arts fighter or Submission grappling or Jiu Jitsu competitor
Gracie Diet Recipes
by Angela Gracie
Angela Gracie & Prof. Royce Gracie
The Gracie Diet is composed of several food tables divided in the following groups:
Grandmaster Carlos Gracie
General guide lines of the Gracie Diet:
- Foods from group A combine with each other and with one of group B.
- Foods from group C combine with each other and with one of group B.
- Foods from group B do not combine with each other.
- Foods from group D can only be consumed individually.
- Banana and Milk are not included in any of the Gracie Diet groups since they have chemical combinations of their own.
- Egg yolk (raw or cooked), coconut, coffee, brewers yeast, and many varieties of teas are compatible with any food, for they are considered neutral.
- Avoid: Sweets, canned goods, black pepper, clove, cinnamon, mustard, pickled foods, and vinegar.
- Never eat: Pork and derivatives.
- Bread: to be less fermentable, shall be made out of pure or natural flour and eaten 24 hours after baked. Also, it should be eaten as toast or oven warmed.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No smoking.
- Drinking a glass of water when you get up and before you go to sleep.
Important: In order to avoid mixing the conflicting food groups, meals must be at least 4 ½ hours apart, with no snacks inbetween.